Via Community Connections
Adults want to be valuable, active, and productive members of their community. Via helps individuals discover preferences and choose recreational and volunteer activities in their community to participate in as independently as possible. These experiences help people develop interpersonal relationships and explore vocational options. In addition to life skills, Via coaches people individually or in small groups on communication skills, socialization, vocational skills, public transportation, volunteerism and recreation.
Via Community Connections provides…
- Individualized volunteer opportunities at more than 20 local organizations.
- Life skills development for students transitioning from high school to adult life.
- Recreational activities tailored to individual preferences.
- Opportunities to participate in continuing education and enrichment courses.
- Independent living opportunities through supported living in the community.
Via assists adults in developing volunteer opportunities at local organizations based on their personal interests. Once an opportunity is developed, Via helps each person learn volunteer responsibilities, develop friendships with other volunteers and gain valuable vocational skills.
Via helps students transitioning from high school by focusing on life skills development and pre-vocational opportunities. Via also assists individuals attend community college, and take enrichment and continuing education classes.
Via works with individuals to tailor recreational activities to personal preferences. Recreation may include cultural events, art classes, and various community and social activities.
Community Connections volunteer sites include:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- The Crayola Factory
- Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Lehigh Valley Arts Council
- Salvation Army
- Meals on Wheels
- Valley Youth House
- Turning Point
- ProJect of Easton
- Sixth Street Shelter
- Phoebe Home
- Boys & Girls Club of Allentown
- Bethlehem YMCA
- Allentown YMCA/YWCA
For more information, please contact:
Denise Pioli, Via Community Connections Director
firstname.lastname@example.org| 610-317-8000 x467